ESR 7: Adel Omrani
- Active and Passive Microwave and THz Sensing and Imaging Systems
- Analysis and Design of Antennas and Microwave Devices
- Medical Imaging, Medical diagnostic and Therapeutics
- Computational Electromagnetics and Numerical Methods
- Hybrid Imaging Systems (PET-CT and PET-MRI with Ultrasound, Microwave, THz and Optical Imaging)
- RF, Microwave and mm-Wave Integrated Circuits and System design
Education & past experience:
- Master of Science in Electrical Engineering-Communication, School of Electrical and Computer Engineering, University of Tehran
- B.Sc. in Electrical Engineering-Communication, Babol Noshirvani University of Technology
- A. Omrani, S. M. Moghadasi and M. Dehmollaian, “Imaging and Permittivity Extraction of an Embedded Target Inside a Dielectric Cylinder Using TR-DORT”, IET Microwaves, Antennas & Propagation, Manuscript ID: MAP-2018-5731
- V. Khorashadi, A. Omrani and M. Dehmollaian, “Scattered Fields of a 2D Rectangular Room Composed of Cinder Block Walls Using Floquet-Fourier Series Expansion”, IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Manuscript ID: AP1707-1156, Date: 20-Jul-2017, This paper is accepted and ready for publish in AP magazine.
- A. Omrani and M. Dehmollaian, “Imaging and Permittivity Variation Record of an Embedded Dielectric Cylinder Using TR-DORT”, 25th Iranian Conf. Elect. Eng., Tehran, 2017(ICEE2017), doi: 10.1109/IranianCEE.2017.7985323
- Design and implementation of a waveguide system for measurement of permittivity and permeability tensors of magnetic material
- Design of an imaging system which is capable of detecting, locating and extracting constitutive parameter of a dielectric target inside a cylindrical structure
Y. Zhang, A. Omrani, R. Yadav, M. Fjeld, Supporting Visualization Analysis in Industrial Process Tomography by Using Augmented Reality—A Case Study of an Industrial Microwave Drying System. MDPI Sensors, Special Issue “Tomographic Sensors for Industrial Process Control”, 21/19, 6515 (2021).
Posters & Publications in Conference Proceedings & Workshops:
R. Yadav, A. Omrani, M. Vauhkonen, G. Link, T. Lahivaara, Microwave Tomography for Moisture Level Estimation Using Bayesian Framework. 2021 15th European Conference on Antennas and Propagation (EuCAP), 22-26 March 2021.
Y. Zhang, Y. Ma, A. Omrani, R. Yadav, M. Fjeld, M. Fratarcangeli, Automatic Image Segmentation for Microwave Tomography (MWT): From Implementation to Comparative Evaluation. 12th International Symposium on Visual Information Communication and Interaction (VINCI 2019), 20-22 September 2019, Shanghai, China.
Presentations / Publications in Conference Proceedings & Workshops:
Y. Zhang, R. Yadav, A. Omrani, M. Fjeld, A Novel Augmented Reality System to Support Volumetric Visualization in Industrial Process Tomography. 15th International Conference on Interfaces and Human Computer Interaction (iHCI 2021), 21–23 July 2021.
A. Omrani, R. Yadav, G. Link, M. Vauhkonen, T. Lahivaara, J. Jelonnek, A Combined Microwave Imaging Algorithm for Localization and Moisture Level Estimation in Multilayered Media. 2021 15th European Conference on Antennas and Propagation (EuCAP), 22-26 March 2021.
Y. Zhang, Y. Ma, A. Omrani, R. Yadav, M. Fjeld, M.Fratarcangeli, Automated Microwave Tomography (MWT) Image Segmentation: State-of-the-Art Implementation and Evaluation. WSCG 2020, 18-22 May 2020, Plzen, Czech Republic.
- Movies and Songs, Sport (Basketball, Kick-Boxing)